Kingsport Aquatic Center’s COVID-19 Reopening Plan
The Kingsport Aquatic Center is happy to welcome you to our facility! Some of our operations have changed to comply with the Tennessee Pledge. Our priority is safeguarding both you and our team, so we are following guidelines from the CDC, the White House, the State of Tennessee and the Sullivan County Regional Health Department.
All guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks while at our facility unless actively swimming. If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
KAC’s COVID-19 Reopening Operational Hours
Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: Closed for deep cleaning
At this time, the KAC is open for lap swim, individual water aerobics, and water aerobics classes. We do not have a date set for resuming open swim.
- The HMG Competition Pool is available for lap swim and individual water aerobics (1 person per lane).
- The Warm Water Pool is available for adult lap swim only in two lanes (1 person per lane), and individual water aerobics in the remaining space (3 guests in the shallow and 3 guests in the deep) maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- The new Outdoor Lap Pool is available for adult lap swim in three lanes (1 person per lane), and individual water aerobics in the remaining space (2 for jetted social area, and 2 for seated bench area). All non-lap swim space is 3.5’ deep.
- A limited water aerobics schedule is available here. Guests must pre-register for classes.
Pool time and class spots MUST BE RESERVED in advance by calling our front desk at 423-343-9758 to ensure ample pool space and social distancing protocol.
The KAC now has rental opportunities available again! Click here to learn more.
To better facilitate guests’ ability to obtain lane space, we are making some changes regarding the reservation process.
- Guests who fail to show up for their reservation without a 24-hour notice may have their ability to make reservations suspended.
- We take reservations a week in advance. Reservations for the next week begin at noon on Wednesdays. To reserve your lane space, call 423-343-9758 during business hours.
PLEASE NOTE: As of September 28, the KAC has lifted age restrictions on lap swim. Swimmers under 13 years of age are still required to be accompanied by a guardian, but may now book any time slot.
Planning for your visit:
- Lane reservation does not guarantee entry. A KAC membership, daily admission purchase or Kingsport YMCA membership is required for entry.
- No groups will be allowed at this time.
- Locker rooms are now open, though the KAC continues to encourage our guests to limit congregating. Please arrive already prepared to swim with suit on under your clothes. Lockers and locker rooms are available for showering and changing after your swim.
- Four family changing rooms will be available for guests who need to them to change before heading to work, etc. The KAC still encourages all guests to change into dry clothes after leaving the facility whenever possible. Reservations are not available for the changing rooms.
- On deck showers are available and should be used before entering the pool. On deck bathrooms will also be open.
- Please enter through our main entrance. To minimize interaction with doors, you will enter the pools on the parking lot side of the HMG Competition Pool, then exit through the double doors between the play pool and lobby.
- If you would like to use pool equipment, you can check it out from the front desk, then return it to the labeled “used” bins on deck. This allows our team to properly sanitize all pool equipment.
According to the CDC, there is no evidence that Covid-19 can be transmitted through properly treated and maintained water. The KAC checks our water chemistry hourly, and guests may review this information upon request.