Kingsport Aquatic Center’s COVID-19 Reopening Plan: Phase One
The Kingsport Aquatic Center is happy to welcome you back to our facility! Some of our operations have changed to comply with the Tennessee Pledge. Our priority is safeguarding both you and our team, so we are following guidelines from the CDC, the White House, the State of Tennessee and the Sullivan County Regional Health Department.
All guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks while at our facility unless actively swimming. If you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
KAC’s COVID-19 Reopening Operational Hours
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: Closed for deep cleaning
Currently, the HMG Competition Pool is open for lap swim and individual exercise. At the direction of the SCRHD, we can allow no more than 10 people in the indoor pool area at any time.
Pool time MUST BE RESERVED in advance by calling our front desk at 423-343-9758 to ensure ample pool space and social distancing protocol.
To better facilitate guests’ ability to obtain lane space, we are making some changes regarding the reservation process.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 26, 2020, guests who fail to show up for their reservation without a 24-hour notice may have their ability to make reservations suspended.
- We take reservations a week in advance. Reservations for the next week begin at noon on Wednesdays. To reserve your lane space, call 423-343-9758 during business hours.
Beginning Tuesday, May 26, lap swim will be for adults only with the exception of Monday – Friday from 1 – 4 p.m., and all day on Saturdays. During these afternoon hours and on Saturdays, in addition to adults, guests 13-17 years of age swimming laps and guests under the age of 13 years accompanied by a swimming adult guardian can reserve lane space.
Planning for your visit:
- Lane reservation does not guarantee entry. A KAC membership, daily admission purchase or Kingsport YMCA membership is required for entry.
- No groups will be allowed at this time.
- Locker rooms will be closed during Phase 1 to limit congregating as much as possible. Please arrive already prepared to swim with suit on under your clothes. Locker rooms will not be available for showering and changing after your swim.
- On deck showers are available and should be used before entering the pool. On deck bathrooms will also be open.
- Please enter through our main entrance. To minimize interaction with doors, you will enter the pools on the parking lot side of the HMG Competition Pool, then exit through the double doors between the play pool and lobby.
- If you would like to use pool equipment, you can check it out from the front desk, then return it to the labeled “used” bins on deck. This allows our team to properly sanitize all pool equipment.
According to the CDC, there is no evidence that Covid-19 can be transmitted through properly treated and maintained water. The KAC checks our water chemistry hourly, and guests may review this information upon request.
Part two of Phase 1 will begin on Monday, June 1. At that time, we will still only have lap swim or individual exercise, but two additional pools will be available: the Warm Water Pool and the new Outdoor Lap Pool. Reservations will still be required for lap swim in all pools.
- The Warm Water Pool will be available for adult lap swim only in two lanes (1 person per lane), and individual exercise in the remaining space (3 guests in the shallow and 3 guests in the deep) maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- The new Outdoor Lap Pool will be available for adult lap swim in three lanes (1 person per lane), and individual exercise in the remaining space (2 for jetted social area, and 2 for seated bench area). All non-lap swim space is 3.5’ deep.
Swim team practice and aerobics classes are projected to resume in mid-June.