ST. PATRICK’S DAY INVITATIONAL
A USMS-Sanctioned Event
Come join the Kingsport Aquatic Center Viperfish on Saturday, March 13th, 2021, for the St. Patrick’s Day Invitational! This meet will be held in the HMG Competition pool at the Kingsport Aquatic Center. This is a great opportunity to try for Spring National qualifying times. You can find the St. Patrick’s Day Invitational 2021 Invite right here.
Important meet information:
- All individual entries and fees must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, March 7, 2021.
- Warm ups will be assigned by lane. A schedule will be posted on this webpage and sent via email.
- Assigned team areas will be hosted on swimkingsport.com and sent via email.
- Warm ups will start at 1 p.m. and the meet will start at 1:45 p.m.
- Entries will be limited to 50 entries for the entire meet. The 500 and 1650 are limited to 16 spots. A positive check in must be done at the scores table by 1:00pm.
- An information sheet for disabled swimmers is available to prepare the facility and meet officials. Please contact Operation Supervisor of Programming, Madison Gump at, firstname.lastname@example.org, (423)343-9767.
- USMS COVID-19 Attendee Screening Form: All attendees will complete and turn in the USMS COVID-19 Attendee Screening Form. Attendees will complete this form within 24 hours before start of the meet. The completed form will be submitted at the check-in desk prior to entering the facility. Attendees will have a temperature check prior to entering the facility.
- Face Coverings and Social Distancing: Everyone must wear a face covering when in the facility and on the pool deck unless they are competing or called to the block before their event. Attendees will be required to maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing. This includes during warm-ups, competition time, on deck, and during cool down.
- Team Areas: Teams will have designated areas around the pool area for their team. Swimmers should stay in their team areas when they are not competing. In their team area they must wear a face covering and practice social distancing.
- Changing Areas: Locker rooms will be available for swimmers to use during the meet. Locker rooms are restricted to 10 people at a time during the meet. No gear may be stored in the locker room during the event.
- Family changing rooms will also be available for use and will have a max capacity of 1 individual per changing room, unless otherwise approved.
- Deck bathrooms will be available to coaches, officials, and KAC employees to use. There is a max of 4 individuals in the deck bathrooms at any given time.
- Lobby bathrooms will be available for all individuals and will have a max capacity of 2 individuals at any given time.
- Hospitality Room: There will be a hospitality room for coaches, officials and timers. There is a limit of 10 people at any given time in the room. Only pre-packaged food and drinks will be available. Timers meeting and officials meeting will occur outside of the hospitality room to provide more space for social distancing.
- Spectators: There will be no spectator attendance at this meet due to guidance from US Masters Swimming.
- Water Fountains: are only available for refilling reusable bottles, which is sensor activated.
- Timers: Timers will be stationed behind the blocks and will be asked to set back away from the block while the swimmer is on or behind the block. Once the heat has started and the swimmers enter the water timers may step up to the side of the pool at that time. For longer races there will be a chair behind each block for timers to use. All timers must wear a face covering. All stop watches, pickles, clipboards, and pencils will be disinfected before the meet begins and again after the meet is over.
Join the Kingsport Aquatic Center’s Masters Swim Team! This group includes swimmers with all levels of skill and experience. The team practices in the HMG Competition Pool Monday through Friday from 6 to 6:50 a.m.* Swimmers can attend practice as often or as little as their schedules allow. Coaches will help participants achieve their goals while working on stroke skills and endurance. To learn more about this program, including how to sign up, check out the U.S. Masters Swimming website here and visit the front desk staff at the Kingsport Aquatic Center
Check out our Facebook page to get a taste of achieving your swimming goals!
*Please note: Masters will not practice on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or New Year’s Day.